- All Questions
Are these programs free for me to attend?
Absolutely! We are a nonprofit and state funded, so students are able to participate in these programs free of charge.
Who can enroll?
In California, Learn4Life serves students in grades Kindergarten through 12. You can enroll as a new student up until the day before your 19th birthday. In our centers that have WIOA program partnerships, some students are eligible to enroll up to 24 years of age.
In South Carolina and Texas, Learn4Life serves students in grades 9 through 12, and up to the age of 21.
Contact us for more information, as there are may be various exceptions for older students in each state.
How does your program work?
Depending on the resource center, we offer two distinct programs:
1. Personalized Learning: For grades 9 - 12 only. Personalized learning includes a flexible schedule, one-on-one attention, mentoring, career training and life skills. Students are required to attend at least once per week for an appointment with their supervising teacher. During this time, they will turn in and go over their weekly homework and take a test. Their supervising teacher will give them another two assignments to complete at home during the next week. Students often enroll in Learn4Life to catch up on credits or to graduate faster than at a traditional high school.
2. Home Study: For all grades, K-12. Students in this program will complete assignments at home with their parents acting as the teacher. Optional on-site classes are also available, in an effort to give students social skills and to take the burden off the parent in some of the more difficult courses. This program provides families with a certificated teacher who acts as an educational facilitator monitoring each child's process, offering tips and tricks on how to teach the individual child, direction on scheduling the student's academic day and counseling on best practices. Parents/students are required to meet with their teacher a minimum of once per school learning period (generally 20 schools days), but meetings can take place as often as needed.
How long will it take me to get my high school diploma?
Every student is different. At Learn4Life, we embrace that personalize your education plan to your individual needs and abilities.
Because our individualized model allows students to work at their own pace, some are able to accelerate their progress and graduate early. Please work with your teacher to determine what will work best for you.
How do I get started?
1. Call 877-360-LEARN or click here for the resource centers near you.
2. Schedule an orientation appointment. It will last about one hour.
3. Stop by the school (bring a parent or guardian if you are under 18), and pick up an enrollment packet. (Be sure to bring your current transcripts, immunization records and withdrawal slip from our previous high school).
4. Bring your completed enrollment packet (and a parent or guardian if you are under 18) to your scheduled orientation
What if I have been out of school for a long period of time?
It is not a problem if you have been out of school for a period of time. We’ll help you pick up from where you left off. As long as you are under the age of 19, we can get you enrolled and started in our program. If you are enrolled in a WIOA program, then you are eligible to enroll up to 24 years of age. All you will need is your transcripts from the last school you attended and your immunization records.
Where do I go to get my immunization records?
Usually you can obtain your immunization records from your most recent school that you attended. If they do not have them then you can contact your treating physician and they will give you a copy.
How long does the orientation last?
Generally our orientations last for only about one hour or so. During this time, each new student will be able to choose which time and day they would like to come to school every week. They will be assigned a teacher and given their first packet of work to take home and complete.
Is lunch provided to the students?
We have healthy selections of lunch items and snacks to enjoy while you’re at school.
Do you provide transportation?
We do not have a school bus, but most of our locations are located very close to the city's main bus lines. Some of our centers even have a bus stop right outside of the front doors. Let us know if you need help affording a bus pass.